With extensive executive search experience throughout the United States and internationally, Harvard Group International (HGI) provides in-depth retained professional search and strategic consulting services to the Fortune 500, middle market companies, early-stage growth businesses, higher education, non-profits and private equity/venture capital. Our clients are typically sophisticated users of business services who expect creative, tailored solutions to tough problems. With thousands of successfully completed assignments, we specialize in high impact leadership addition/replacement, key functional line/staff assignments and succession planning in most industries and functions.
An overview of the services HGI provides:
Delivering Best-in-Class leaders from the C-Suite down through the executive and management team has been our calling card since the firm’s formation. We have successfully completed thousands of searches across all functions of executive leadership by identifying and attracting key performers who will make an impact on Day 1 and every day beyond that. We have developed and continue to improve our rigorous search process that is utilized on each and every project we undertake.
We don’t limit our reach to the executive team. HGI partners with you across all levels and functions throughout your organization, without any minimum fees. When you need “THE” right talent for your business, not just a good candidate available “right now”, we can immediately improve your business with “Grade A” talent at all levels. We utilize the same proven search process that we developed for our Executive-level and Board search practices. Our process produces results that add to your bottom-line immediately and delivers strong performers who will grow into the senior leaders of your company in the future.
Board of Directors
Direction. Advice. Leadership. Where is your company today? Where is your company heading in the future? We can get you there with our Board Search, Career Advisory and/or Succession Planning programs. We employ the same aggressive and targeted process to Board of Directors searches that we use for our Executive search projects. Our network of clients and key executives is available to everyone in our network and allows us to be proactive and competitive with any search firm in advising and attracting key talent to your Board. Our Board practice serves Board of Directors (For-Profit and Non-Profit), Board of Advisors (Early-Stage and Privately-Held Businesses) and Board of Trustees (Higher Education) needs across all our clients’ industry sectors. Additionally, we offer individuals advisory services regarding their personal Board careers.
When your talent needs don’t fit in a simple box, we are here to work with you. Some examples of Specialty Search programs we have led include: company-wide Diversity pipeline initiatives; Lift Outs; complete Recruiting Outsourcing programs; and Greenfield project recruiting.
- Lift Outs: Often times it is more successful for a client to enter new markets or improve their market position by recruiting a complete, high-functioning team that has been working effectively together. These teams bring immediate cohesiveness, shared values, mutual accountability and, often times, an established “book of business” relationships that provide an immediate and highly impactful addition to their new company. As Lift Outs are highly complicated, we work very closely with you and the team through the entire process.
- Talent Acquisition Partnership: Through our Talent Acquisition Partnership (TAP) program, we offer a highly flexible relationship that is designed to suit the needs of each individual client at that specific point in time. TAP can range from a program as basic as a small designated group of search projects to a program of complete outsourcing of your recruiting needs across your entire company…and anywhere in between. We are true partners with our clients and look to be an extension of your team.
- Diversity-Specific or Diversity Pipeline Initiatives: We strictly adhere to extensive recruiting of diversity candidates on each and every search. This has led to an industry-leading track record of success in placing diverse candidates. Still, there are times when our clients have very specific requirements for a singular position or across a wider initiative to improve the diversity of their staff. To serve these very special situations, we can be engaged for individual searches or a full pipelining program to deliver Best-in-Class diversity candidates for your business.
If you need great talent, but your project doesn’t fit in a “search box”, call us. We will build a new box.
HGI Contract Solutions, a division of Harvard Group International, provides flexible staff augmentation tailored to fit your business needs. Should your company experience the cyclical ups and downs of business, HGI Contract Solutions can help you effectively manage your contract employees by quickly increasing or downsizing your workforce. We provide support to fulfill your long-term business goals or supplement your hiring for project-based employment needs. When working with us, you will see an increased level of visibility over your contract workforce, including independent and 1099 contractors. From contract, project or contract-to-hire, we offer placement options that will deliver the right workforce solution.
Strategic & Operational Consulting
Through our team and a vast network of executives and professional consultants, we offer clients key strategic and operational consulting services.
- Strategic Planning: We will assess the client and competitor business environment and support the implementation of plans to help achieve growth into new segments and/or sustainment of existing segments. The strategic plan is treated as a living document, used to perform periodic reassessments of the business environment and to update strategy, as required.
- Business Process Re-engineering: Our consultants are skilled in process assessment and the implementation of cost and productivity efficiencies for manufacturing, engineering and business systems. We have demonstrated success in defining business process baselines and conducting value-stream analysis to determine what the processes are, which ones provide value to the end product and which ones can be removed. Based on the results of the assessment, we recommend process changes/improvements and identify metrics for measuring overall success. We are particularly effective at implementing and/or supporting change management.
Business Development Consulting & Outsourcing
We deliver teams of business development experts to create new strategies for growth for our clients. Beyond the strategy, our consultants are also available to execute the plans to be your ground force in new business expansion.
- Business Development: Our consultants have the demonstrated ability to implement a successful business development process. They apply a structured and proven approach to achieving high percentage win-rates for new and existing business, understanding the importance of early opportunity identification and have the foresight to know when to recommend a no bid. This understanding of the business development processes (marketing and proposal) make our team a valuable asset in capturing the true issues, concerns and needs of the customer.
- Program Management: We have the proven management skills necessary to implement a team-based approach to customer satisfaction. Leadership, team commitment, organizational skills, employee training, empowerment and continuous process improvement are the tools used to create a positive learning environment where productivity and quality become the norm.
Through a partnership with Laffer Associates, an economic research and consulting firm led by Dr. Arthur Laffer, we offer high-level key economic advisement and consulting services. Laffer Associates is an economic research and consulting firm that provides investment-research services focusing on the interconnecting macroeconomic, political and demographic changes affecting global financial markets. The firm offers proprietary analysis, investment models and unique supply-side perspectives on global macroeconomic workings, including in depth analysis of specific industry sectors, states, countries and companies. It also publishes the results of its proprietary economic investment models as top down screening devices for portfolios. The firm’s clients include institutional asset managers, money managers, pension funds, financial institutions, corporations, endowments, foundations, individuals and others throughout the United States, Europe and Asia. Laffer Associates was founded in 1979 and is based in Nashville, Tennessee.
Other services that we can offer directly or through our network include: Cultural Consulting; Outplacement Services; Coaching & Career Advisory; Deal Identification & Introduction; and more. Please contact us to discuss your needs and we will connect you with our experts in that area.